PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Armentrout Select Realty of Maine has a strategic alliance with John Armentrout of CPM Property Management. Management services are listed below. John can be reached by contacting him using the information on the side bar or using the link below.
1. OPERATIONAL SERVICES
- We conduct an initial site inspection of your property.
- We inspect all interior units and external areas of your home or rental. We take action to correct conditions that are causing exposure to liability.
- We meet with tenants and go over any problems and concerns with their unit.
- If appropriate, have current sign new leases if not under a written lease.
- We evaluate the vacant units and assess action needed to rent the unit.
- We analyze the market and determine the property's position in the area.
- We take control of all keys, test them on locks and code each key to enhance security.
- We obtain past records and set up your property in our computer system.
- We transfer owner-paid utility billings, if instructed by owner.
- We review existing service contracts and make changes or adjustments as needed.
2. ACCOUNTING SERVICES
- We can perform all the bookkeeping chores for you. We collect rents, pay bill and handle 1099's for you.
- Our convenient monthly statements provide you with a full, itemized record of all transactions.
- Our Year-End statements simplify the job of tax preparation for your and your accountant.
- We know how to effectively and legally handle tenants funds and deposits.
- We know when deposits need to be refunded and what charges can be withheld from tenant deposits.
- We have extensive maintenance and repair knowledge which means we are better able to streamline problems.
- We know who to call and how much it should reasonably cost.
- Unlike most management companies in the MidCoast area, we make no money on management work. Whatever the contractor, maintenance person, gardener, boiler man, etc charges is what the owner pays without any mark-up.
- We have a 24-hour-a-day, 7 days per week maintenance line and will notify you if there is a problem requiring immediate attention.
- With your input and authorization, we implement a maintenance program to meet the specific needs of the property.
- Our vendors are qualified, reasonably priced personnel who will get the job done properly in a timely fashion.
- We respond quickly to every resident request. All requests will be assessed, discussed with you, and acted upon as needed.
- We help prevent costly repairs through preventive maintenance inspections.
- We maintain a systematic, on site follow-up procedure to make sure work is done timely and satisfactorily. This provides better relations with residents and helps to keep them in your property longer.
4. PROPERTY PROTECTION
- We perform drive-by inspections of your property.
- We have a key control system to help protect you and the resident against unauthorized entry. Security deposits are not returned to exiting tenants until all the keys are returned to our office.
- We make suggestions that could help increase rent-ability and profitability.
- We conduct all showings of your property.
- We are always aware of current market conditions; this allows us to rent your property at its highest value.
- We minimize your rent loss of vacant property by maximizing its exposure via internet, signage, and print advertising if authorized and paid for by owner.
5. RESIDENT SCREENING
- We lease only to residents who qualify according to our specific rental standards.
- We have every applicant fill out a detailed rental application which is verified through a nationwide credit agency We verify: credit, salary, previous rental history and references.
- We collect fair and appropriate security deposits.
- All security deposits are placed in a certified escrow account.
- We take time to sit down with each new resident to explain their rights and responsibilities. We go over the lease with them so that they understand every aspect of leasing your property.
- We help each new tenant by providing names and numbers of all appropriate utilities, and help them change the accounts over to their names.